Monday, January 19, 2009

Organizing the Doll and Action Figure Collection, Part 3B

Okay, I really want to break down those boxes. Open them up and separate the clothes by size into boxes. So let's get the preliminary analysis work out and done. Then I can dig in with no anxieties that I am jinxing myself.


What works?

The enthusiasm that I still have for this hobby. That I have a room and some additional space to place stuff.


What doesn't work?

While I have a doll and action figure collection, much of it is either boxed up or spread throughout the apartment now.


Essential needs?

Access to collection and maintaining the collection so that I enjoy it now and others can enjoy it when I no longer can.


Why get organized?

To better enjoy my collection.


What's stopping me from having an accessible/organized collection?

* I have items I no longer want to keep

* I have lots of boxed items that I cannot enjoy fully because they are boxed.

* I am not using the space that I have as well as I should/could

* * * * NOTE: NOT SAYING THAT I HAVE TOO MANY ITEMS * * * *

* I may need additional storage units

* I definitely need more shelves and possibly glass cabinets

* I don't have funds for new shelves, storage units, etc. now


What is my goal now?

My goal used to be to amass a huge and varied doll and action figure collection. Now I want to have a varied collection only I want it to be accessible and to be well maintained. Boxes are not as important as they used to be. In fact, I want to "play" more with the figures.

Step One: Analysis done.

2 comments:

RoxanneRoxanne said...

Now I am in the process of trying to organize my doll room, and I am coming back to these posts of yours! You've shared some very good information, and I'm feeling inspired. :)

D7ana said...

Thanks for visiting my organizing doll collection posts! I LOVE reading how others organize their collections so I have enjoyed reading your recent post on that subject. I no longer have the space I had had so I should do an update on this topic to match my current situation. Sigh. Going to be fun, but to get to it ... have to remember, "
Do or do not, there is no try."