Friday, September 30, 2011

Fashion Fever Barbie's Benetton Friends, 2005-06


I am selling my Mattel Fashion Fever Benetton Teresa so I thought I would submit a photo of her and the other two dolls in this 2005-06 wave of the Fashion Fever dolls. The Fashion Fever dolls were produced from 2004-2008. In the first two years, they kept me and other doll collectors/enthusiasts on frantic runs and searches to find the WANTED doll of the moment. Then Mattel created a new body for the Fashion Fever and other teen dolls, the so-called "hobbit" body. The first doll in the following link has the hobbit body.

5 comments:

miladyblue said...

Hobbitt body? How does it compare to the regular body of the time, or those today? Pics appreciated!

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

I have the NY doll. Nice dolls... nice clothing. I remember having to call several shops countrywide that carried Benetton clothing. I finally located my doll at a store in Coral Gables, Florida. The things we do for dolls.

Good luck selling Teresa.

dbg

D7ana said...

Hi BDE and Miladyblue! Thanks for stopping by. I lucked out and got my three from Angelic Dreamz on preorder. The NY and Paris dolls were my favorites. However my favorite outfit is the London one.

Ah yes, I have to do a post - soon ;-D - comparing the hobbit body with one or more of the more regular bodies. In short - ouch, yes, I love punning, the hobbit bodies are shorter than most Mattel bodies for the adult dolls. The dolls look "stunted." But you'll see soon ... don't want to bias anyone.

Vanessa said...

I just went to Dollpages, thinking it would be there and it wasn't. I don't have an Benetton dolls. I wasn't doing much with Barbie at that time. I was into the porcelain. Will she be sold on dollpages or some place else?

D7ana said...

Hi Vanessa! Thanks for the reminder about DollPages - I need to post LOTS of stuff there.

The Benetton Teresa was "sold" to someone who saw her photo in my Flickr account.