The time has come for me to review my collection as I have never reviewed it before. Reading other collectors' stories and viewing their photographs helped me realize that I could be having more fun with my 1:6 scale companions.
Elizabeth Allen of Love has Fangs fame sent me a link to this article by Maria Greene discussing how to reduce a large doll collection.
Reading the article, I realized that
1. I have too many dolls to fit in my available display space.
2. Some of them are still in their boxes.
3. I've forgotten about some dolls I have.
4. I'm not giving them enough attention.
Sooo ... something has to change. I have to evaluate, to make and to execute certain resolutions. Here's a starter list:
1. Reduce, reduce, reduce.
3. Learn camera settings and improve on photography techniques.
4. Photograph DAFs in settings.
5. Write DAF stories.
6. Participate in online DAF groups - again.
I've begun the Reduce step by selling some DAFs online here.
The article also has tips on avoiding DAF overpopulation and suggestions on how to reduce a large collection. While the article was written with larger dolls in mind, it has advice that I or any playscale collector can use.
Happy reading and best wishes for any collection "weeding" that occurs.