Friday, May 1, 2009
I have deboxed the Smartees dolls. Here are some photos and comments.
Plus: I like this series. The career-focus makes these fashion dolls slightly different. Think, fashion dolls = glamour. Most Smartees dolls have straight hair, kept off the face. Their makeup is subtle. Glamourous, the Smartees are NOT. But there is something appealing about them although they are worlds apart from Integrity's Fashion Royalty dolls or R&D's Susie doll. The Smartees are clean pretty. Each doll has a storybook that includes a glossary of career jargon, a resume abstract, and school diplomas for the doll's profession.
Minus: cheap clothes, dolls cannot stand alone, inexpensive playline quality
* Same face/head mold used for all dolls
* Complexions range from very pale to light brown
* Face paint varies enough to distinguish one doll from another
* Articulated arms, click bend knees, twist waists
* Tiny feet - most shoes don't stay on the feet if the doll has on stockings
Amanda the Architect (red suit), Ashley the Attorney (red-black houndstooth) back row
Taylor the Teacher (pink sweater), Emily the Entrepreneur (navy suit), and Jessica the Journalist (taupe trenchcoat) are in this first photo.
Caitlin the Chef (white toque), Destiny the Doctor (mint scrubs) back row
Nicole the Nurse (pastel scrubs) and Vicky the Veterinarian (white lab coat) front row