Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ooops I Did It Again - Blog Layout Revision

I've shifted from the Dynamic View layout to the Awesome layout. While I liked the clean lines of the Dynamic View, I missed having My Blog List, Archive Posts, and other features. The Awesome layout allows for those features to appear in the right column. The blog retains some of the airy qualities of the Dynamic View without the problems of that format. I like it. Sure, I could use a logo and maybe some color in the blog title and/or font variation. 

What do you think? Suggestions and problem alerts welcome. If something doesn't work, I'd love to know so that I can fix it. Any suggestions for a specific color or colors? Do you think PhillyCollector has a specific aura color? Do share.

Please note: the color p-i-n-k will not appear. That's right, I will consider any color BUT pink. I do not resent or dislike Mattel or the tradition of associating "the pink aisle" with "little girls and dolls." Barbie is featured often here, but this is not a solely Barbie enterprise. Pink is Mattel's marketing color, not mine. Of course, if you think this blog comes across as pink, let me know that.


11 comments:

AudraBark1 said...

I like this layout much better. The other one was TOO plain and I couldn't ever get to the Comments section to read them.

jSarie said...

I like the new layout!

I liked the look of the last one, but the sidebar was hard to control in the mobile version. This way eliminates that problem and it looks just as clean but with a little more flare.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I like the new layout better as well, and also the colors.

Ms. Leo said...

This is the right about of color for an information blog! I like it!

D7ana said...

Hi AudraBark1, jSarie, Barb the Evil Genius, and Ms. Leo!

I like this layout best: it looks clean AND allows my sidebar!

At last! Thanks for your feedback. Learning where the problems were helped me fix them. Yay everybody - cake and ice cream for all!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

While you're kicking off your new look, The Doll Barn and Vita Craftica don't seem to exist anymore.

Muff said...

I'll admit to just reading text and rarely look at people's sidebars so I probably didn't notice them before. I do like a little bit of contrasting color and I'm partial to browns and creams myself, but as I said before, your blog, your vision. Viva la whatever you want, lol.

D7ana said...

Hi Muff! The text and the photos are the most important parts, lol. The layout counts, too, I'd like to add a logo for some color ... eventually.

I like the browns and creams on your blog; helps to establish the blog as yours ;-)

I'm thinking about a logo and colors for me, too. Slooooowwwlyyyy ;- )

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

I like the Awesome format much better. I think that is the layout I use. The only colors I need are black (font) and white (background). I am here to read, not to see colors. A heading logo or image would be nice, but that is all I would add. I miss the image you were using previously. It reflects the types of dolls you usually feature here.

My two cents' worth.

dbg

Carrickters said...

Like everyone else, I like this layout better. It's still clean and uncluttered but it feels a bit more personal. Also I sometimes had problems leaving comments with your last layout - I would type them, press publish and they would just disappear into the ether (and of course, I couldn't tell you because that would just disappear too).

D7ana said...

Hi BlackDollEnthusiast and Carrickters! Thanks for your feedback on my blog updates. If people have trouble leaving comments, they won't leave them. I would rather tweak the layout then lose comments.

@BDE - I'll see about returning the doll header or replacing it with another. It's nice to show the topic visually.

@Carrickters - I can't have any comments evaporating into the ether. First, I would miss your feedback. Second, it's annoying to lose comments - I've had that happen to me. And third, my blog like any other - is enhanced by comments. Comments are to blogs what chocolate chips are to chocolate chip cookies ;-)