Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Yes, There is a [Black] Nikki Candy Glam at Walmart!




I was seeking the Barbie Basics at a Walmart on Roosevelt Boulevard when I saw a Black Candy Glam doll. Hmmm ... something odd here. Click. Charles. Dollstuff dot net. Aha!

As Charles wrote, there was NO Black doll in the original Barbie Candy Glam series. The four regular Candy Glam dolls each represent a different candy flavor and that candy's "smell" and "look." There was Cotton Candy Barbie, Rock Candy Raquelle, Lemon Lime Teresa, and Cherry Vanilla Summer; there were no Black or Asian dolls in that series. So seeing this lone Candy Glam Nikki in Walmarts for $5.00, I knew she had to come home with me. Sure, I have Asha-faced dolls erupting from nearly every flat surface - well, maybe not just Asha-faced dolls - but this one wanted to be with my sixth scale crew. Why?


  1. She has a normal-sized head. Instant points.

  2. She's clearly a last-minute doll because she has the same dress/candy theme as Barbie; the other Candy Glam dolls have unique outfits/different candy themes. What, Nikki doesn't rate her own candy? Tsk.

  3. I walked away and looked at other things then came back, and she was still there. Waiting for me. The nail in the coffin, I thought.

So, of course, I had to take her home.

8 comments:

Mickey said...

She's pretty. If I had seen her, I would have been tempted myself. Its sad she doesn't have her own candy though.

Niel said...

I had the Lemon Lime Teresa and didn't saw Nikki in the back photo. It's great that she had normal sized head. I beheaded mine because I didn't like the bid head. Did she came with a lip gloss?

This was also the 1st time I heard of last-minute dolls. :)

I haven't seen an actual Barbie Candy Glam but I see some difference with your photo and the publicity photos--the smile and the stockings.

D7ana said...

Alas, Chelle, that's what I thought, too :-(

Niel, the phrase "last-minute dolls" is all mine. I don't think that there's a term for when a company creates a doll "on the fly" or quickly to cover an unexpected gap.

Per Charles of DollStuff, these Walmart Candy Glam dolls aren't the same as the original series. I don't think that the additional stuff was included. They're "simplified" aka cheaper versions ;-D

The big head put me off the Teresa.

P.S. the cheaper adjective was mine, too.

Hugs said...

Even though the Nikki has the same theme as the Barbie, she is still very beautiful.

smidge girl said...

Haha, I do that walk away trick too. Glad she was still there waiting for you, she's really pretty. And for 5 bucks, you really can't go wrong. Lucky find!

D7ana said...

Hi, SmidgeGirl! Fun to know that someone else does the walk away ;-D
I mean, if she is still there, it was meant to be, right? LOL

cyano said...

She is pretty, I want her! I wonder if WM still have them?

D7ana said...

Hi Cyano! I don't see any of the Candy Glam dolls on Walmart.com, but that doesn't mean you couldn't find one at a local WM.

I wasn't looking for mine, then I saw her. I wish you luck finding her :-D