Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ken Updates: New Fashions and Ice Skating



Whoa! Can those be Ken fashions I like? Let's look again. Darker colors, yes. Murky teal and brown top with teal-brown camouflage pants. A traditional pullover and slacks. Oh and what about that little "straw" hat with the sleeveless striped tank. (Aside: getting a little cool here in Philly for that kind of outfit ... in spite of this brief warm-up. But hey, he's Ken and dazzling wherever he stands.)

Speaking of "dazzling," have you seen smarmy Ken's return as an Ice Skater. This year though, he is in a gift set with Barbie. What more could he ask for for his 50th anniversary? Let's see ... a car, an apartment, furniture, etc. Maybe other guys would. But not Ken.

5 comments:

Dollz4Moi said...

I picked these fashions up while I was @ convention. I like that they made actual clothes and not that cheap stuff. I love them all

I have a bunch of stuff to go. I need to fund my habit :O)

Stardoll40 said...

I saw those at Target yesterday...very nice. I especially love the Derby hat and eye glass set. I didn't pick any up but I will the next time.

Very cool!

D7ana said...

Hi Dollz4Moi and Tracy India!

@Dollz4Moi - would love to see your playscsle guys wearing those new fashions. Thanks for the notice that they are better made and not as cheesy as some recent Ken (and Barbie) fashions have been.

@Tracy India - the straw hat and eye glasses were the cutest to me, too. Hope we are able to get a set when we go to buy them. (I mean, you get the outfit and that I get the outfit.)

Vanessa said...

Loving the tank top set. I didn't see these at Walmart. Good thing. No Ken doll clothes on the list I had. I will put them on the next list though.

D7ana said...

Hi Vanessa! Yes, I have to add that outfit to my next Buy list. The eyeglasses look like they have clear lenses.