Sunday, March 18, 2012

Irish-American Blonde



Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Okay, Belated

How many of you were expecting a red-haired, green-eyed Barbie? I dote on Barbies. I like red-haired dolls. But if I see one more red-haired, green-eyed doll representing Ireland, I will ... see one more red-haired, green-eyed doll representing Ireland.

Sigh. Okay, she is not play scale. Yes, that's true. But she's s doll from my youth so she's a giant among the play scale folks. Her name is Kerry, and she is part of Ideal Chrissy's world.

3 comments:

Verona said...

She's adorable! Good to see some diversity for things representing Saint Patrick's Day!

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like the doll of your youth Kerry. I did not know. Enjoy it. Keep in touch

D7ana said...

Hi Verona and Marta! Yes, she is adorable, Kerry is. She was one of my favorite dolls along with British Daisy (by Mary Quant), American Malibu Christie, and American Baggie Francie. I am glad that you enjoyed seeing her although she is a larger doll.

Maybe next year, I'll find an Irish doll with Black Irish coloring - dark hair, blue eyes, and fair complexion. Give brunettes a chance ;-D