Thursday, February 28, 2013

Janay by Integrity Toys


Janay is a 1:6 scale playline fashion doll produced by Integrity Toys from 1995-2005. Integrity Toys' president, Percy Newsum, felt that dolls of color were under represented among playscale dolls: Janay, Alysa, and Jade were created to fill that void.

I have several Janay dolls from 2001 and later, but I have none from her early days. Why not? At that time, I was mostly Barbie-focused. Here is a list of Janay dolls that I have had. If you have other Janay dolls to mention, please share the information.


2001    Heat Wave

            InStyle           

            Royal Heritage

            Sun Groove

            Tribal Treasures


2002    Color Rave

            Global Peace

            Icons

            Photo Hunt

            Urban Reflections


2003    Modern Living


2004    Ancient Legends

            CE - Pat Feick Exclusive

            Fashion Fling

            Fashion Insider

            Shimmering Nights

            Street Fusion

            Stylin' Zone


2005    Studio It

 
For photos of the earlier Janay face molds see these posts by Frannie, Ms. Leo, DollsofAllColors, KeepingKen, and BlackDollCollecting.

P.S. If you have any online photos of Janay, please let me know so that I can add your site to this list. Thanks!

15 comments:

V. said...

I didn't know Janay but then, these dolls rarely reach Europe. She's very cute though :)

D7ana said...

Hi Vanessa! Thanks for commenting! I see your Integrity Toys' Giselle doll as Game of Thrones' Daenerys.

IHime said...

Hi! I have some Janay photos on my dollpage Album1 and will be adding some to the blog soon, but I'm not sure if these would be good enough.

Carrickters said...

I don't think these dolls have ever reached Australia so I only know of them through yours and other blogs. It's good to know of dolls other than the Mattel ones.

Muff said...

I've never seen one in person. I think Janay was the doll recommended to me as one who had a similar body to the old twist and turn Barbies from the 90's, but was told she still wasn't articulated. :(

D7ana said...

Thanks - in advance - for adding your Janay photos to DollPage Album 1, IHime! Let me know the link.

Hi Carrickters, I doubt that Janay went out of the U.S. unlike the more expensive Fashion Royalty dolls. Pity, that.

Hi Muff! Yes, Janay has a similar body to Barbie. Only a few were articulated though.

Unknown said...

hI Dyana, I am new to collecting Barbies and I was wondering if you could help me out with something?

I tried googling already but the answers are non conclusive :(

I have the 2011 Fashionistas Ken Cutie and was wondering if he would be able to wear clothes such as marketed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/mc0200-Red-Clothing-Set-Sweater-Jeans-Belt-for-1-6-Figure-HT-TTL-TV-/390550991866?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5aeea733fa The model on that page seems to be a Hot Toys figurine though I don't know what type of body that is :( but I was wondering if the Fashionistas Ken can wear that stuff and if so, how is the fit? Is it too loose or too small?
I'd appreciate all the leads I could get at this point.

D7ana said...

Hi Crape Ola! Thanks for stopping by. New to the Barbie zone? Come right in. What I can't answer, another commenter will ;-D

2011 Fashionista Ken Cutie can probably wear the 1:6 scale outfit you leave a link for. I have him at home so I'll try some of my "better" male fashions on him to show you how they look on him. I have a photo of that Ken wearing a Jakks Pacific jeans among these photos. Course those are NOT action figure jeans (the Jakks Pacific jeans are SMALLER).

The difference for 1:6 scale action figures is that the butt area has more space. Hot Toys butts are larger than Kens'. But Kens - except the poser ones - often have heavy legs so ...

D7ana said...

Darn, I have the Hottie Ken, but I think that he has the same body as the Cutie Ken.

IHime said...

Here's one: http://www.thedollpage.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=461880&title=janaydscn7197&cat=7871 The rest is scattered in the same album. I should be adding new ones soon.

D7ana said...

Thanks for sharing that Janay photo, IHime! The other Janay and friends dolls in that album are lovely, too.

Anonymous said...

Can someome tell me the value of this doll please.

Janay Bead & Braid Item #10002


I think is a rare one, thanks

D7ana said...

Hi Anonymous and thanks for stopping by. I do not know the value of the Bead & Braid Janay doll, but here is a link showing the prices received (in green print) for various Janay and friends dolls.

If anyone else has any information on the value for this doll, please let us know here in the comments.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

I have some Janay dolls going on auction on Ebay if you are interested. They are from the Modern Living set. Very well made.

D7ana said...

Hi Anonymous! You forgot to leave a link to your eBay auction(s).

I recall having a Modern Living Jade - she wore a maroon red "leather" dress. Very sharp.

Good luck with your sales.