Thursday, October 3, 2013

Scans From a Power Team Booklet (by M&C Toys

Time for something new, yes? Below are scans from an M & C Toy Centre Ltd. booklet for the 12" Power Team figures. Hope you enjoy seeing the figures and the accessories created for these doll and action figure favorites!


As much as I like the Power Team figures, I pass on their vehicles. I don't care for the quality - the vehicles seem a little cheesy. Great bargain, I do not doubt, but not particularly striking or amazing. And I would need to revamp them for civilian use.




One Power Team accessories stands out from the rest: the Battle Command Post. The Battle Command Post is a two-story house front/building that was intended to be a bombed out house. However, many diorama creators have revamped that playset into a variety of new structures. Unfortunately, I do not remember the original links to those dioramas or the original price. Possibly around $30-$69 before shipping. I wish I had bought one. Don't want to think what the cost for that structure would be today.




The Power Team Elite World Peacekeepers figures wearing various uniforms.



More accessories ... note the realism of the horse. Sigh. Now that is a real horse. No curly eyelashes or pastel colored eyes. No pink hair. I would have liked to have one of their horses. But I have their donkey instead, and I am happy with that creature - smile. (Aside: need to get my donkey photos up.)

I have larger photos on my Pinterest board, Playscale Dolls and Action Figures. Additional photos of the playscale Power Team items can be found here, here, and here.

Please note though that M & C Toys has another similar playset for their smaller figures. So if you see the Battle Command Post offered for a really low price, check that that playset is for the 12" figures or that it is for 1:6 scale figures.

6 comments:

limbe dolls said...

Enjoyed reviewing the Power Team gear. I wish I had that horse too but like you I have the donkey. I wouldn't mind having the jeep or the helicopter. It could be re-painted and used as a medical evacuation copter. I wish that I had bought the kayak set when it was available in the stores and I wish even more that I had bought the field hospital.

D7ana said...

Congrats on having the donkey, Limbe Dolls! I had photographed him AND my other Power Team guys NRFB but those photos were on the now-gone Webshots. Sigh.

The jeep and the helicopter would probably have benefited from a paint job. I was a little spoilt because I once had the 21st Century Toys AH-6 Little Bird Nightstalker Helicopter. Now that was a beautiful piece ... so lovely that I sold it. Sigh. It happens that way, sometimes.

I think that M&C Toy repackaged parts from the Battle Command station.

Muff said...

I am intrigued by this donkey. I have not seen it in the stores or maybe it's an old release.

I would like the jeep and the motorcycle. Those would be easy to remodel as civilian.

D7ana said...

Oh, yes, Muff. The donkey set is an older one. This booklet is older, too. I don't recall which PT figure it came with.

Yes, the jeep and the motorcycle could be repainted for civilian use. Makes me think of doing the same for my G.I. Joe motorcycle ....

V. said...

I always enjoy booklets! In Portugal we only get the individual PT guys, not the accessories or vehicles sets (snif snif). And even the guys are hard to find and there isn't much variety. They are considered a kind of "almost cheap" toy and so they are sold in a cheap supermarket that only sells toys during Christmas time :S

Ms. Leo said...

Love the donkey! I wish I had one! I was working part-time at Penney's years ago and they had the Battle Command Post in the catalog. I was so tempted to buy it but I didn't.