Sunday, June 14, 2015

Fashion Insider Ken Shares Traditional Father's Day Gifts

Happy Father's Day to all fathers.

The accessories for Mattel's Fashion Insider Ken Giftset from Robert Best's 2003 Barbie Fashion Model Collection struck me as examples of traditional Father's Day gifts. The only "traditional" pieces missing are a wallet, gloves, slippers, cuff links, and a grill. Now I am NOT critiquing the giftset; I bought it some 10+ years ago. I found it quaint and charming. Here are some photos of Ken and some gifts that he might have received.

Mattel's Fashion Insider Ken
Mattel's Fashion Insider Ken

Fashion Insider Ken's sunglasses, briefcase, and loafers
Common gifts for fathers -  sunglasses, briefcase, and loafers

Fashion Insider Ken's black tweed jacket, black belt, and light blue tie
Any dads who have NEVER received a suit, belt, or tie?

Fashion Insider Ken's black tweed pants
Matching pants - or trousers - to be worn with the jacket

Fashion Insider Ken's black sock garters
Remember, men wear garters, too!

Full length back view of Ken in his blue checked boxers
Ken shows the back view of his boxers

Last year, I posted a list of playscale fathers. If you missed it, you can find it here.

So, did any father's receive any on-traditional gifts? If so, please share what. 

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Father's Day is next Sunday. You are a little early.

Carrickters said...

Actually in Australia, Fathers Day is not until September so you are really early. This is a great playset but I must admit none of the men in my family have ever got a shirt or suit for Fathers' Day.

D7ana said...

Hi Vanessa and Carrickters!

Egg-on-my-face! LOL ... and I was worried that I finished that post late!

My dad got shirts sometimes, but never a suit.

The grandmommy said...

My father and husband are deceased so my daughter and I went to the Bahamas for father's day :-)

billa's dolls and fashions said...

Hi D7ana, in Italy we celebrate Father's day on 19th of march, anyway the playset is pretty accurate, you just have to substitute the suit with a sweater and you have a complete list of the gifts I've made! LOL

D7ana said...

Hi The grandmommy and Billa's Dolls and Fashions!

@The grandmommy - I am sorry that both your father and husband have passed, but I am glad that you and your daughter went to the Bahamas. I'm sure you took fond memories of them with you. :-)

@Billa's Dolls and Fashions - ah, yes, different countries celebrate Father's Day at different times. What a coup for some lucky father to get gifts on ALL Father's Days! LOL.

Snap my fingers! I forgot about sweaters ;-)

Muff said...

That's a pretty swanky set. I really like that briefcase.

Buffy said...

I don't see the shirt, but perhaps you wrapped it to give as a gift to one of your daddy dolls today. ;-) Shirts, ties and socks make nice traditional FD gifts.

D7ana said...

Hi Muff and Roville!

@Muff - I agree - "swanky" to a T. The briefcase is nice, too. Not as detailed as the Fashion Royalty ones, but a good piece for Ken to toss around ;-)

@Ro - the dress shirt is "out to the cleaners," but someone (playscale) made off with his tee shirt. (Or it's in the men's clothes storage bag - I should check.)

The daddy dolls are sighing because they haven't received any new stuff. The shirts, ties, and socks you mention will be appreciated after we move ;-)