Sunday, July 19, 2015

Feliz Cumpleaños a Barbie Hispana Amigo, Teresa

Today is Barbie's Hispanic friend Teresa Rivera's birthday. Let's wish her a Happy Birthday. Feliz Cumpleaños!

My first Teresa was the Wet'N Wild Teresa #4136 from 1990. She has the Steffie face mold. She also has those over-large 90's style eyes. I'm not a fan of that combination so she'll be on the dolls for sale list along with some Teresa face mold dolls from the Fashion Fever line. 

Here are my keeper Teresas:

Butterly Art Teresa #20361 from 1999


Once, I thought I would sell this Teresa. But I like her crimped hair texture, her green-hazel eyes, and deep tan. I will eventually give her darker eyebrows. Rebody her? Maybe. If I find a suitable size and complexion body.


Fashion Fever Teresa (striped pants) #H0666 from 2004



PhillyCollector regulars may recall seeing this Teresa. I like her shorter, two-toned chestnut hair and how her face screening is done. She's much lighter complected than my early Teresas, but variety is nice.



Fashion Fever Teresa (Make-up Chic) #33527 from 2005



I'm using this photo again because the doll has been packed away. She's got side glancing eyes and "real" eyelashes. She's the fairest Teresa I am keeping.


I'm also going to keep the Totally Hair Wave It! Teresa shown in an earlier Teresa post. She has dark brown hair and a dark tan like the early Teresas. After I move, I'll debox the boxed dolls. I look forward to doing that.

Here are additional links for more information about Teresa:

Vivian's Teresa Timeline, 1988 - 2008
Barbie Dream Wiki Teresa entry,
Wikipedia Teresa entry
Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse Wiki Teresa entry
Katti's Dolls Head Molds Used for Teresa page
A writer mentions her childhood Teresa

Do you have one or more favorite Teresa dolls? Feel free to share links to photos or other sites about Barbie's Hispanic friend Teresa. Thanks!

20 comments:

Muff said...

I actually have quite a collection of thrift store Theresa heads. I like her the most because she has dark hair, but when it comes to buying dolls new in box she isn't really one I reach for. I blame Mattel, lol. I guess she's just not packaged in a way that makes me want to grab her off the shelf these days.

D7ana said...

Hi Muff! I like Teresa dolls, too. I never thought about how Mattel packages her, but considering, I agree.Her packaging is not the most exciting.

Congrats on your Teresa collection though. Yay brunettes!

Shasha said...

Oh my god! The blonde Teresa is something! Maybe because we don't get her in blonde locks often? =)

Georgia Girl said...

Teresa is one of my favorite dlls to collect. I hated it when they changed her face mold. The old Teresa face is the best IMO.

Anonymous said...

Teresas have such beautiful faces, you are keeping a lovely collection! The de-boxing will be so much fun, I hope you won't have to wait too long :-).

jSarie said...

I was surprised at how different your three Teresas look. Obviously different skin tones and hair colours always make for a unique doll, but I wouldn't have even recognized them as having the same sculpt! Of course, I'm terrible at distinguishing between Barbie heads at the best of times, so maybe it's just me...

D7ana said...

Hi Shasha, Georgia Girl, Linda, and jSarie!

@Shasha - oh, there were a few blond Teresas in the Fashion Fever line, one in the Barbie Basics 11. We don't see her blond often.

@Georgia Girl - I like the "original Teresa face mold," too. Not the Hispanic one, but the open mouth one shown in this post's photos. I'm not crazy about the newer faces Mattel has for her ;-{

@Linda - I agree with you! I'll post when I debox them ;-)

@jSarie - I understand that. I have trouble distinguishing between the Goddess and the Kayla/Lea Mattel heads, but I usually "see" Teresa. Mattel's artists do a great job keeping us buying multiple versions of similar dolls, ha ha.

billa's dolls and fashions said...

I like the Teresa facesculpt a lot, she's really versatile. I love how Mattel used her for the Cindy Lauper doll, too bad they seldom use her for the Collector's line.

Natalia said...

I love Fashion Fever Teresa. She is so beautiful:)

D7ana said...

Hi Billa's Dolls and Fashions and Natalia Tadra!

@Billa's Dolls and Fashions - I like the Teresa RBD Concert Lupita. Would be nice to see more Teresa-faced dolls ;-)

@Natalia Tadra - the Fashion Fever Teresas thank you.

Jewell said...

This might surprise you, because it surprised me, but I don't have a Teresa in my collection. I have one AA doll with the Teresa sculpt, but that's it. What's really odd is that I often reach for Teresa in stores because her clothes appeal to me, but I don't keep the dolls as permanent residents. I suppose I should do something about that.

D7ana said...

Hi Jewell! Perhaps you have not found the right face screening ... yet ;-)

Royalty.Girl said...

Lovely dolls!

D7ana said...

Thanks, Royalty Girl! I agree!

Vanessa said...

Teresa was one of my favorite face sculpts. I have so many, but it's hard to let any of them go. I've never seen the second one with the chestnut hair. She's nice.

D7ana said...

hi Vanessa! That Teresa is one of my favorites.

Studio 126 said...

I rebodied my Butterfly Art [BA?] Teresa to a poseable Esmeralda body from the same time period.

Studio 126 said...

The "Hula Hair" series was quite tan, too.

D7ana said...

Hi Studio 126!

1.) SA is better than "BO," lol.

2.) Thanks for the tip to use a poser Esmeralda. I'd have to get 2 'cause I think Esmeralda is gorgeous.

3.) I remember the "Hula Hair" series. That Teresa was cute, too.

D7ana said...

Ack! "BA" is better than "BO" is what I meant to type, Studio 126!