Sunday, June 17, 2018

Bought at Toys R Us Aramingo Avenue

I saved going to this Toys R Us until I was sure the sales were worth getting. I went last Thursday morning so these were my findings at that time. 


Barbie toys were 40% off


The single Fashionistas were gone. There were 2-3 sets of the four doll set I'd seen at the Cottman Avenue Toys R Us. Since I only wanted two dolls from that set, I left them. This Toys R Us also had several AA Made-to-Move soccer player dolls. I bought one of those. There were some Pink Passport fashions and doll sets. A single Statue of Liberty Barbie, several of the 2018 Graduation Barbies, and several of the new two-doll beach set (Original or Tall Barbie-faced doll and Petite, darker-complected Kira-faced doll).


Action figures were 50% off


Action figures available included: the Madame Alexander Marvel Fan Girl dolls, Star Wars figures, and the Mattel WWE figures. From the available stock, I chose two action figures. One is a Star Wars figure, Sabine Wren, from Forces of Destiny (Hasbro Disney). Yes, she has molded clothes on her torso and wears cloth pants. But I like her blue hair against her brown complexion and her quirky expression. I'll re-body her. Or maybe I'll give her to someone who admires her? I have someone in mind.


For my second choice, I decided on a WWE Superstar Fashion Brie Bella, play scale size. The other WWE figures available were Eva Marie, Becky Lynch, and Natalya. I have the first two from previous Toys R Us trips. Brie Bella's face paint reminds me of Mattel's Kate Jackson doll: she looks sharp, smart, and just a little witchy. Not your basic Barbie look.


I cannot post photos now, but I will add them before the week is out.

Has anyone nabbed any good or great sales at Toys R Us lately? Better go soon - my understanding is that they are closing at the end of this month. Good luck!


12 comments:

RoxanneRoxanne said...

Sounds like you got some great deals! Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to see the dolls you got :-)!

aprilperlowski said...

I got two dolls/action figures last week at 60% off - an 18" DC Superhero Girls Batgirl and the Forces of Destiny Leia in Hoth gear. My store was pretty picked over and almost empty.

D7ana said...

Hi, RoxanneRoxanne, MillicentAndFriends, and aprilperlowski!

@RoxanneRoxanne - I was pleased.

@MillicentAndFriends - I'll be glad to show them off ;-)

@aprilperlowski - now 60% off is a really sweet deal. Congratulations! Sigh, the tricky part is getting the sales when there is still want list stuff available. I don't think I'll be able to get another visit in. As you say, the stock will be pretty much limited at this point.

Jaye's Doll Space said...

I haven’t bothered to visit TRU in a couple of weeks. I only want another curvy MTM. I was lucky to find one before, but not hopeful more would be available.

Congratulations on finding some deals.

D7ana said...

Hi, Jaye Frye! Thanks. I hope you get the curvy MtM doll.

Georgia Girl said...

Hi D7ana, It sounds like you found some great deals and goodies. I purchased some MTM Soccer dolls, The exclusive TRU clothing pack, a Fashionista doll, a couple of Ken outfits, and the Hot Dog stand play set. I do not plan to go back unless it is to just see what is left...out of curiosity. Lol!

D7ana said...

Hi Georgia Girl! I didn't find some of the dolls I wanted, but I'm happy with what I got. Congratulations on your deals. It would be fun to see your haul ... time, etc. permitting, of course! It would be interesting to see what's left ....

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thanks for sharing your finds, and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. The two TRUs near where I live are still enough of a drive that I don't know if it's worth it, on the chance of finding something in the picked-over merchandise.

Muff said...

Pics, pics, pics! LOL, *impatient*. I didn't know there were stores still open. I guess it's not like they are in a rush. Sounds like you got some deals.

Cindi Mortensen said...

Hi D7ana!
Congrats on your great finds! Can't wait to see the photos. Wow. I thought all the TRUs were closed already...:-)

D7ana said...

Hi, Barb the Evil Genius, Muff, and Cindi Mortensen!

@Barb the Evil Genius - you're welcome. I want the photos to be nicer than they have been.

I understand you about going again to TRU: will there be enough good stuff to warrant the time, transportation costs, and your expectations? My understanding is that TRU will close at the end of this month. I'd say if there were other stores where you could find something nice - in case TRU is a bust for your wants - then it might be worth the trip.

@Muff - I love your enthusiasm. Now I really gotta bring my best photos ;-) I think TRU in the Philly PA area will be open until or before the end of June 2018. I got some deals in my last visit, but I've got an idea to possibly get MORE deals. Upcoming post will present that idea.

@Cindi Mortensen - thanks! I'm happy with the stuff I got although there are things I wish I had found. But I've got a plan - rubbing hands together and cackling.

Re: TRU being closed ... some stores are still open. The sales are worthwhile now - 40-60% off is good in my eyes - provided you can find stuff you want. Sigh. That's the trick, finding what you want.