Friday, July 31, 2015

Happy Birthday Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling

J.K. Rowling is 50 years old today.

Harry Potter is 35 years old per this article.


Shocked? Why? People grow older. Fortunately, our playscale figures don't except when we want them to. Here are some Harry figures that will not grow on you. Granted, the price is ... steep. I'm glad that I got my Harry (now Julian) years ago, for less than $20.00. 

Behold! The birthday boy is boogying. Go on, dude. That laughter? The girls are happy and excited for you. 

Harry Potter doll dancing
Harry (Julian) boogying

Any Harry Potter and/or J.K. Rowling fans celebrating? How?

8 comments:

Lisa Neault said...

Had no idea JK Rowling was my age! yeah, I'm that old, lol. Nor that the actor that played Harry was 35, but they all grow up sometime, that is what keeps themovies timeless. I think that is why we treasure them more.

D7ana said...

Hi Lisa Neault! Yes, you and J.K. Rowling are the same age. The Harry Potter character is 35, BUT the actor, Daniel Radcliffe, is only 26 years old. That's still grown up, but not so er mature ;-)

Muff said...

I still haven't read the last book in the series. I keep meaning to, lol.

I haven't a single Harry Potter doll but I do have some little figurines of the characters.

D7ana said...

Hi Muff! I only read the first book. (Covering face.) And I saw at least 2 of the movies ... don't remember which two. It's a far better series than Twilight.

Pause to shudder at the memory of the first Twilight movie. The second worst movie of my life.


I just have Harry and Hermione. I missed the young Ron Weasley Mattel made.

Ms. Leo said...

Yeah, I really want a Wesley but the price is too high. I might make one! There is something to be said for getting them when they come out!

D7ana said...

Hi Ms. Leo! Yes, getting them when they first come out can make the difference between paying a normal cost or an exorbitant one.

You'd do a good job making one - you're talented ;-)

Vanessa said...

The Harry Potter doll has eluded me. I would love to have him here, for the right price, but I'm not actively looking for him. I'm a big J.K. Rowling fan, especially after seeing a recent story based on her life. Talk about inspiring. I saw the movies, but really need to read the books to understand all that was happening.

D7ana said...

Hi Vanessa!

Maybe I should put the books on my "to read" list ....

Oh and I hope you can get a Harry doll for a good price ;-)