Wednesday, April 18, 2018

dd Discounts and Mystery Clone Dolls





dd's Discounts stores are part of the Ross Family (Ross Dress for Less chain). I dropped by their store on Roosevelt Boulevard to see what, if any, dolls they sold. They had mystery Barbie clone fashion dolls - think "no name," "no manufacturer" - dolls similar to ones seen at small discount stores throughout the city. So here are some budget offerings. 

Beauty by Miss Princess found at dd Discount store


Dream Furniture 


Sophie Sisters (left) and Dolls of the World (middle) and Mattel Barbie (right)


Kitchen Set, My Kitchen Tools, box back


Kitchen Set, My Kitchen Tools, box side showing accessories included


Kitchen Set, My Kitchen Tools, box front showing Barbie clone doll

I am including the addresses, telephone numbers, and hours for the two Philadelphia, PA stores:

dd's DISCOUNTS
3000 Island Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19153
215-863-6801

Mon–Sat: 08:30 AM-10:00 PM
Sun: 09:00 AM-10:00 PM



dd's DISCOUNTS
4640 Roosevelt Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19124-2300
215-533-5125

Mon–Sat: 09:00 AM-10:30 PM
Sun: 09:30 AM-10:30 PM

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I thought surely Ross would be related to some of the discount stores in my area, but apparently not. Around here, we have TJMaxx and Marshall's. I might have seen that kitchen set in one or the other store, though.

D7ana said...

Hi, Barb the Evil Genius! dd Discounts are new to me. Their website says that they've been up since 2004, but I've just noticed them this year. Shrug. I suppose they are making their way to different states. Around here, we have TJ Maxx and Marshall's, too. Tuesday Morning is further out; I haven't been there yet. There are many, small discount stores in and around Philly, too. They sell clone dolls as well as or sometimes, rather than Barbie dolls.

I'll check to see if these dolls are sold at other stores. Thanks for sharing!