Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Playscale Boxing Ring, Anyone?

Below are links to photos of a playscale boxing ring produced by M&C Toys under their Star Runner line for Vanessa and for anyone keen on creating such an arena for their dolls and figures. I did not buy the boxing ring or the gym or - alas - more than ONE of the Star Runner action figures, but I do wish that I had bought some of the other guys.

Here are more photos ...

the boxing ring itself

two figures in the boxing ring

I don't know anyone who has this set, but the photos might stimulate ideas on how one manufacturer created a 1:6 scale boxing ring.

Happy creating! Do share the link(s) if you create a boxing ring scene.

P.S. The post for SkipperCollector is post-poned (get the joke, lol) because the photos need to be clearer.






6 comments:

skippercollector said...

I can wait!

D7ana said...

Thanks, Skippercollector ;-D!

Vanessa said...

Hi Dana! Thanks for thinking of me. I already had plans to create my own boxing ring, just haven't gotten to it yet. It's been on the to do list for over 2 yrs now. We had a boxing ring at my Bally's gym, which is what inspired my boxing post. I will post pictures once it's done.

Carrickters said...

I'm so glad you find and post all these items as otherwise I would have no idea they were available (not that I can imagine needing a boxing ring but you never know).

Muff said...

I've seen those boxing rings in Youtube videos of people who like to do stop motion. I don't know that I would buy one but if I came across one in person, I might be tempted.

D7ana said...

Hi Vanessa, Carrickters, and Muff!

@Vanessa - oh, you're welcome. My pleasure. When I hear someone mention something, I go into "haven't I seen that somewhere" mode especially when it's doll or action figure related ;-D

I look forward to seeing your boxing post. I *know* it will be super, based on your previous dioramas.

@Carrickters - isn't it amazing what gets created in playscale? M & C Toys had a hospital playset and a rundown two-story building.

Unfortunately, I do not think that M & C Toys still produces that boxing ring. They still make or they have some lingering 1:6 scale Power Team figures, but I think that most of their cool diorama and other accessories are no longer available on the primary market. Probably elusive and unfortunately probably expensive on the secondary market. Just guessing though. I am not sure of that ;-}

@Muff - oh how neat. My Dad used to love boxing - that was his "sport" to watch. I'd love to read/view your story if you ever do one around a boxing scene. But I enjoy your storytelling anyway ... lol.