Sunday, October 12, 2008

Rebelde School Sets -- No Further Sighting

I asked about the Rebelde School Sets at two Walmarts. No one knew what I was talking about. Not at the South Philly branch where I found Giovanni and Lupita; not at the Roosevelt Boulevard one either.

What's a collector to do?

Spread the query further. I can contact local collectors and collector groups. I can write to other message boards. I could call the branches although calling is less effective in this instance. A store could have an item, but that item could be sold BEFORE I reach the store or it could be misplaced in the store. Then again, the person answering the phone may or may NOT look for the item I request. Shrug. Maybe closer to the holidays? Maybe.

In the meantime, I have other dolls and action figures to get. I placed an order for a nude U.S. Army Ranger 75th Regiment from Hot Toys - this one looks like a better looking Terrence Howard -- as well as two Fashion Royalty dolls and the AKA Centennial Barbie on backorder with Mattel Collectibles. Still, I miss NOT having Diego. (I have Roberta in her concert outfit.)

No comments: