Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tennis Fans: Did You See the Barbie Kim Clijsters Doll?

I was finishing up an article I am posting on Philadelphia Doll Collector Examiner when I saw an article about a Kim Clijsters Barbie doll. I am not a tennis fan - if a ball flies in my direction, I run to avoid it - but for those of you who are or who are Kim Clijsters' fans, that's some news from 2010. Though if you are/were a fan of that tennis player, you would likely have heard that news then. Well, if you have not heard it before, there it is for you now.

6 comments:

Muff said...

I'm not a tennis person and have never heard of her, but I really like that doll! She's fully articulated and comes with a little girl in the cutest outfit. Now that's probably a promo pic and it looks nothing like that, but if it does come articulated, I'll add it to my list!

D7ana said...

I thought she has a different look, Hey, It's Muff! The little girl looks adorable, too. I've never seen a doll with that head sculpt, but it would be nice to have one.

Seems a waste to just use a mold once. Tsk.

Alrunia said...

Yes I do wonder what the head sculpt is. I don't think the real thing looks too different from the promo pic though, because for an ooak doll it would be pretty weird to make two of them- one prototype then one real. Then it's not OOAK, haha.

D7ana said...

Would be interesting to see that head sculpt reproduced, Alrunia. Possibly in some doll down the line? The way the prototype Cher, Halle Berry, and possibly others eventually became available-to-the-public dolls, ha!

Muff said...

I could see turning that doll into Uma Thurman. Put her in a Kill Bill jumpsuit and it would be a good likeness.

D7ana said...

I like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill ;-D. It was fun in an over-the-top way.