Sunday, March 10, 2013

Plumper Kids from Paddywhack Lane - Ross Sale

How many of you find Mattel kiddies too thin and small? Want to have plumper playscale kids? Try the Costumed Kids from Paddywhack Lane LLC. These small cuties remind me of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls from the 1980s. "Adorable, sweet, cute" are appropriate adjectives here. You can find them online OR find some of them at your Ross Dress for Less store. These figures are the ones that I saw at a Philadelphia Ross store.


I love the Ross pricing ... $3.99 each! The accessories look playscale; the dolls themselves might be a little off scale. You cannot see the face of Ella Mouse, but her toy or pet mouse looks adorable. The cheese wedge looks too big though. Then again, Ella might have really wanted that mouse caught.





Next is Joshua and his puppy. Is that dog food? Yes, D7ana. Food. And a bone for gnawing.





Lindsay Bumblebee has her own crock of honey. I would repaint the eyes to fit the Kelly/Chelsea dolls better.


 
Madeline the Duck has a cute little yellow rubber duckie and a floating ring. Awww ...
 

 
 
Here is the back view of the box for the Costumed Kids. There is a website you can visit that shows photos of a child tree house that might fit the Mattel Kelly/Chelsea dolls. Or it might inspire some of our creative enthusiasts to create his or her own kiddie tree house. Me? I hope that I come across a reduced price version of the tree house. Failing that, it might be a fun project to do on my own.
 

9 comments:

Buffy said...

How adorable! I would chuckle all day if I were playing with those little kiddies, their faces are a hoot. Unfortunately the molded hair doesn’t do it for me, but the accessories alone, at such a budget friendly price, would make them worth getting. Thanks for bringing them to our attention.

Muff said...

They all have some cool accessories. That little mouse is calling my name.

Vanessa said...

I would buy these for the accessories alone. How cute! Thanks for sharing.

D7ana said...

You're all welcome, Robin, Muff, and Vanessa! Glad that you like the Paddywhack Kids' accessories: hope you are able to find them at a Ross store soon.

V. said...

The accessories are amazing! I really loved the last one with the floating ring and the littel duck!

D7ana said...

From Sausan Hanifah:

Nice post! Love it! <3
Wanna follow each other via GFC and facebook? Let me know? :)

D7ana said...

Dear Sausan Hanifah: Good luck with your human fashion blog. Thanks for the invitation. I am not sure what GFC is. I would not be able to follow your sites back so I accept that you may not return to my blog. My interest is mainly in playscale fashion dolls and action figures - Barbie-sized. I am not as interested in human-sized clothes.

I left a link to your blog here in case any of my readers are more receptive.

Julian Levi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D7ana said...

Julian Levi said...
Awesome post... I really like your blog... Thanks for sharing.

March 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Thanks for your comment, Julian!