Friday, September 26, 2014

toyhaven: Preview KUMIK 1/6th "Jenn" The Hunter in The Game ...

toyhaven: Preview KUMIK 1/6th "Jenn" The Hunter in The Game ...: "May the odds be ever in your favor!" The Hunger Games is a 2012 American science fiction adventure film directed by Gary Ross a...


@lex Gen X 1:6 Hardcore shares preview photos of a new Kumik action figure that is unofficially based on the character Jennifer Lawrence plays in The Hunger Game movies. You might want to see her if you are a fan of that actress. The figure's face resembles the actress. I am not familiar with Kumik figures, but Amithi has a review of one that can give you another perspective on them. 

If you have any Kumik dolls, please share your opinion/experience with them. I am not ready to buy one, but they are striking looking. Solid build and realistic faces.



6 comments:

The grandmommy said...

She is beautiful and awesomely realistic! I wonder what she sells for. I don't want to look for her online...that could be dangerous...to my pocketbook. lol

Barb the Evil Genius said...

The fact that she is unofficially based on the character is probably why she does not look enough like Jennifer Lawrence, in my mind. I think Mattel did a better job with the face sculpt, but I'm sure the quality of this is better, although for a higher price.

D7ana said...

Hi The grandmommy and Barb the Evil Genius

@The grandmommy - I think Kumik figures are more expensive than most Barbies ... but then again, they have serious articulation in their favor and lifelike faces. I'm scared to look for a price for her, too, lol.

@Barb the Evil Genius - yes, the figure resembles the actress or possibly like the actress's bi-racial child - if the actress had a biracial teenaged daughter. The second Mattel doll especially captures Jennifer Lawrence's look.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I saw the picture and she is very real. She is very similar to the movie actress. I have the Mattel doll. Keep in touch

Muff said...

Hmmm, I'm not a Jennifer Lawrence aficionado, but while that looks similar to her, it doesn't look like her. It also appears as though she's wearing a cup or has a wee willy. I like the more stream lined Mattel version actually. I always intended to get that second one they released in this costume once it goes on sale or clearance.

D7ana said...

Hi Marta and Muff! Thanks for your comments!

@Marta - Congratulations on having the Mattel Hunger Games doll. I think I have the first one here, too. The second Mattel one really looks like the actress.

@Muff - can't say I am that familiar with Jennifer Lawrence outside The Hunger Games. Nothing against her - nothing particularly keen for her though either.

I think the Kumik figure has family resemblance. But yes, the Mattel second version did capture a better likeness.